gammaraybots Tom Torrey: Working on a new three dimensional illustration "the troll bridge"

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Working on a new three dimensional illustration "the troll bridge"


I keep having this image pop into my head. I started sketching it down in my moleskin and this character I came up with could only live under a bridge. I decided that I need to bolster my 3-d portfolio with some more images. I have been working with sculpy a lot lately so instead of drawing or painting I got out the clay and started working with it. In the next couple of weeks I am going to do god willing nightly updates with fresh steps in the illustration process. There is all this stuff in my head and I think it might help to get some of it out to be a help to other artists. I am going to photograph all the steps and present them here.
The first step sketch

No comments: