gammaraybots Tom Torrey: The troll bridge day 7 the complete troll

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The troll bridge day 7 the complete troll





All that's left is the details. Detail is important but make sure not to overdue it. Making things important and other things less important will help the viewer see your illustration. Painters are very good at this skill. They make the foreground detailed and well in view and far away less detailed and sketchy. I gave him a hat made from an old glove and fur blanket made from the lining. The suspenders are made from material with wire closures. It is going to be a fall scene so the figures will have coats and hats on. The shoes I simply painted black.
I then get to work on the bridge. I cut the span from the same pink insulation I made the body from . I cut it and left it rough like the rock it is going to simulate. To simulate the rough rocky texture I cut out some small rocks and glued them to the main structure. When the basic details on the bridge is done I set the troll figure into the space below and took a picture to see how it would look in the frame. The sun light is coming in from the left and lighting up his face. I will have to remember this placement when it is time to photograph it.
tomorrow..... more bridgework

No comments: